Menu

How to keep all the "stuff" associated with TOG-binders, cards, and projects, oh my!

battlemaiden

I'll be teaching 7th, 4th, 2nd, and K this year.

I'm a TOG virgin and all the different binders, cards (president, etc.), and projects for four grades are making this storage challenged mom cringe.

Do you combine your grammar/composition notebooks with other work in one binder? How do you store your timeline? Your index cards?

Give me a clue. Thanks.

Jo

Check out KarenC's method of organization with TOG stuff. I tried this for this coming school year and it's working for me too. http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/karenciavo/568562

Okay, I looked at this. I'm sure I would love it but it doesn't solve the timeline-index card-separate notebooks/binders for each child problem. Or does it? What am I missing?

I am a three ring binder kind of gal. I like using binders. I just wonder if people are combining all the resources for each child into one massive binder, or if it works better to keep grammar, geography, worksheets all stored in separate binders.

And what to do with the index cards....and timelines....and....

Can you tell I have issues with storage and organization? :D

Jo

Um. Let's see.

The girls each have a 3 ring binder that contains their writing notebook.

Then, I made a TOG notebook a la Karen.

They each have an additional 3 ring binder with their other subjects. In theory, any extra paperwork goes in here. My 13 yo has already shown me that I didn't give her enough room to write her Lit questions, so the extra paperwork goes here.

The oldest is using a timeline book leftover from Sonlight.

They have notecards for other classes. They either go in a ziploc bag or a container just for notecards. The containers are supposed to go on the shelf.

All of their textbooks, etc. go on a shelf in a magazine holder with their name on it.

We don't do a lot of projects. I've had a peanut butter map on the schedule for a week and a half now. Once it's done, we'll take pics and then it will go away.

Um. Let's see.

The girls each have a 3 ring binder that contains their writing notebook.

Then, I made a TOG notebook a la Karen.

They each have an additional 3 ring binder with their other subjects. In theory, any extra paperwork goes in here. My 13 yo has already shown me that I didn't give her enough room to write her Lit questions, so the extra paperwork goes here.

The oldest is using a timeline book leftover from Sonlight.

They have notecards for other classes. They either go in a ziploc bag or a container just for notecards. The containers are supposed to go on the shelf.

All of their textbooks, etc. go on a shelf in a magazine holder with their name on it.

We don't do a lot of projects. I've had a peanut butter map on the schedule for a week and a half now. Once it's done, we'll take pics and then it will go away.

Soooooooo, I'm not imagining it. :D That is pretty much what I'm picturing.

Thanks for showing me your version.

Jo