Menu

LLATL, do you need the teacher's guide?

Please excuse me for going off topic, how did you find LLATL Orange? We used yellow last year and loved it, felt like it covered all I wanted it to. However, DD is not enjoying Orange, it feels like it doesn't flow or something (can't quite put my finger on it) I think she finds the book studies go on for too long. I was expecting a spelling list each lesson like Yellow had. It just seems really difficult to slog away with.

We are using the tan book right now and have both the teacher's and student edition. I don't think the teacher's book is something that is absolutely necessary. It does have the answers in it but if you are good at grammar you should be fine without it.

I prefer to have my own book or a teacher's edition-just kind of anal that way. I picked up the TE used on Amazon for $4 with shipping. Well worth it my mind. HTH

Please excuse me for going off topic, how did you find LLATL Orange? We used yellow last year and loved it, felt like it covered all I wanted it to. However, DD is not enjoying Orange, it feels like it doesn't flow or something (can't quite put my finger on it) I think she finds the book studies go on for too long. I was expecting a spelling list each lesson like Yellow had. It just seems really difficult to slog away with.

We actually didn't finish and I didn't care for it.  I may be making a mistake trying it again, but it's with a different student and he needs grammar and spelling review.  I don't remember any details about the orange book other than it just didn't work for us and it seemed boring.

We are using the tan book right now and have both the teacher's and student edition. I don't think the teacher's book is something that is absolutely necessary. It does have the answers in it but if you are good at grammar you should be fine without it.

I prefer to have my own book or a teacher's edition-just kind of anal that way. I picked up the TE used on Amazon for $4 with shipping. Well worth it my mind. HTH

Good idea, I'll check Amazon.  How are you and your child liking the tan book? 

We actually really like it. We were also doing EG & DG but I have dropped both of those. I purchased LLATL in December and added it after I noticed she wasn't really retaining anything with EG. I have already purchased the green book for next year. The green book does have a lot of sentence diagramming so I'm not sure how I will implement that-not a fan of diagramming.

I have researched the tan, green, and grey book. I feel that they really build on each other. I am hoping this will be a better fit for her. If I feel she needs a little more grammar, I just pull out a worksheet from EG or find something online to supplement.

We actually really like it. We were also doing EG & DG but I have dropped both of those. I purchased LLATL in December and added it after I noticed she wasn't really retaining anything with EG. I have already purchased the green book for next year. The green book does have a lot of sentence diagramming so I'm not sure how I will implement that-not a fan of diagramming.

I have researched the tan, green, and grey book. I feel that they really build on each other. I am hoping this will be a better fit for her. If I feel she needs a little more grammar, I just pull out a worksheet from EG or find something online to supplement.

Thank you, that makes me feel better about buying this.  I hope it's a good fit for my son.