Menu

Pain in the Neck! Please help me streamline and prioritize.....

Hello,

My kids would be 10 and 11yo this year ,and so far they are doing Time4Learning(Almost all subjects and many writing

assignments)and beside that they are also doing these books:

LA: WWE,Macmillian -Grammer,Spelling and Comprehension books.(again with a lot of writing assignments within these books)

Reading:Classic Literature list Mom assigned with Lesson pathways and Book adventure questions

Maths: SM and MM

Science: Singapore Science , Time4Learning Life Science and Physical Science

Geography: Daily Geography ,Seterra ,Shephard software and Reading books

Electives: Typing web and Code Programming

My Future Plans for next Year:

LA: WWE ,IEW(Theme based),Analytical Grammer or Easy Grammer w/Daily grams(which grammer would be better),Spelling workout, 

Vocabulary from Classical Roots  

Literature:May be some Guides-Memoria or ?

Maths: SM with CWP,BA 3 and 4(Would it be wise to start Beast Academy along all these Math Programs?),Math Express Speed

Maths,Hands on Equation and How is Chalkdust Basic Math for Grade 6(As am planning to use Chalkdust in the long run through High

School)and if any helpful free Math videos lessons other than Khan Academy esp. for Fractions and Decimals?

Science:Apologia/Mr.Q and Library books with Documentaries(Is Mr. Q a rigorous Science curriculum for Middle Schoolers?)

Actually my T4L Subscription is going to end this month so should I renew it or skip it ?

By doing all these along T4L,we don't have extra time left for reading or doing any other child interest activity .

If you got through all of that,  do you think this is reasonable to keep T4L  what, if anything, would you streamline or cut out for

STEM path ?

Thank you for reading ....

Unless it's working in a way that nothing else is, I personally would drop Time 4 Learning.  UNLESS it really works.  It all depends on how your kids learn best, and only you can judge that.

Assuming you drop T4L, I would modify your subjects in the following way:

LA: WWE,Macmillian -Grammer,Spelling and Comprehension books.(again with a lot of writing assignments within these books)

(I would drop the Comprehension books unless your kiddoes need extra test practice for that.  WWE has plenty of comprehension.)

Reading:Classic Literature list Mom assigned with Lesson pathways and Book adventure questions

(Reading, Yea!  However, unless your kids like them, I would drop the Book Adventure questions.  I don't care for them and don't think they add anything of value.  I don't know what Lesson Pathways is.)

Maths: SM and MM

(Pick either SM or MM.  These are both solid programs.  No need to double up.)

Science: Singapore Science , Time4Learning Life Science and Physical Science

(I would just stick with one science.  If you drop T4L, then do Singapore.)

Geography: Daily Geography ,Seterra ,Shephard software and Reading books

(Pick one thing at a time.  Finish it, then move onto the next thing.  For instance, just do the Daily Geography book until you're done.  Then move on to Seterra.  Don't try to squeeze them all in at the same time.)

Electives: Typing web and Code Programming

(Unless there is a compelling reason to do web and code programming, I would drop those until your kids learn to type.)

My Future Plans for next Year:

LA: WWE ,IEW(Theme based),Analytical Grammer or Easy Grammer w/Daily grams(which grammer would be better),Spelling workout, 

(Pick one writing program, either WWE or IEW, not both.  Pick one grammar.  I have not used either of those so cannot recommend which is best.)

Vocabulary from Classical Roots  

(You could drop spelling workout and just make your vocabulary words also spelling words.  That would streamline.)

Literature:May be some Guides-Memoria or ?

(I like reading books from WTM lists.  We don't do guides at this age.  Enjoy the stories.)

Maths: SM with CWP,BA 3 and 4(Would it be wise to start Beast Academy along all these Math Programs?),Math Express Speed

Maths,Hands on Equation and How is Chalkdust Basic Math for Grade 6(As am planning to use Chalkdust in the long run through High School)and if any helpful free Math videos lessons other than Khan Academy esp. for Fractions and Decimals?

(Pick one math.  Singapore Math is very solid.  Don't worry about Chalkdust until you are actually using it.)

Science:Apologia/Mr.Q and Library books with Documentaries(Is Mr. Q a rigorous Science curriculum for Middle Schoolers?)

(Pick one science.  I'm not an Apologia fan, but I am also not familar with Mr. Q.)

HTH!

Kim