Menu

MEP Interactive pages (year 7)

We've used them to brush up on things. They are designed as a catch up for kids who have missed lessons or need extra teaching. You can move through them quite quickly. DS likes them for the most part and they are reasonably rigorous. However, I'm not convinced that they provide enough practice to cement the ideas completely. And because they only require a single answer at the end, they don't encourage working out on paper, so kids like mine get a bit lax! We're using MEP yr 8 this year and will use the interactive stuff as well. Ask me again in six months!

D

Are you doing both the lessons in the plans and the booklet and the interactive pages? Or just portions of them. I really like the instant self-checking aspect of the online pages. There are just so many parts of year 7 to wrap my head around!

Yes, year 7 and 8 seem to have soooo much stuff! I've actually been using year 6 because yrs 7&8 are supposed to be a rehash and I much prefer the integrated format of yr 6, but DS started to get really bogged down, so we switched to the interactive lessons and used an Australian book to fill in gaps. Honestly, MEP6 is quite hard and year 7 was a whole lot easier! I will probably do a combination of both this year (yr8 for us), using the interactive lessons for things he is strong on like fractions, decimals and percentages and negative numbers, and labour through the books for the stuff that he needs more practice with, like geometry and probability. Given the choice, DS would play on Khan academy, bluffing his way through the challenges.

D