Menu

Anyone have Hidradenitis?

kbpaulie

I've had symptoms off and on for almost 20 years but have never been officially diagnosed. I first figured it out when Hidradenitis Suppurativa was listed as a problem that could be related to thyroid issues, which I have (Hashimoto's.) I followed a Paleo diet for a year or so to help with my thyroid and autoimmune issues and realized layer that the boils/cysts totally went away during that time. I'm now only gluten/dairy/soy free (haha, only) and occasionally have small breakouts.

I haven't read this book, only blog posts, but it sounds like she's found relief by changing her diet/lifestyle. http://primalgirl.com/thehiddenplague/

I hope you find a way to control yours! I know it's not fun at all.

Had ordered "Hidden Plague", thinking of getting a full allergy work up, going to see chiropractor that deals w/ supplements, would consider the local amish doctor, have handled current cysts w/ antiobodics, turmeric, zinc, and vit a.

Any deodorant suggestions?  Ever tried a cleanse?  Do you think it's associated w/ a leaky gut or something else?

I haven't ever tried a cleanse. I know I have issues with leaky gut but am not sure how or if it's related. Since mine went away while I wasn't eating any grains, potatoes, or much sugar, I wonder if one of those things aggravate mine (maybe that actually does relate to leaky gut!) Autoimmune issues are so confusing.