Menu

New GED test

Thanks!  I tutor math for GED students.  The teacher told me a few weeks ago about the new test.  She said that because it is done online and the student gets their grade immediately, the teachers will not know if the student passed until/unless the student tells them.  That means that the teachers may or may not have accurate information for tracking/reporting purposes.  Which could cause problems with funding if they can't demonstrate that they are of benefit to the students.  Sticky situation...

When I heard about it being on the computer and having immediate feedback I thought about how nice that they don't have to wait so long for results as for the SAT/ACT tests.  But that is interesting.   I wonder if they could be assigned a sign-in number or something which would link the score back to your program?   Would love to hear a follow up to your situation as it sounds like they'll need to do something.