Menu

Core Knowledge Series ????

Makita

Does anyone know how the older version compares with the new, revised editions? How different are they?

I have the revised editions for Kinder, 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I have the older edition ('93) for 4th and 6th.

I need 5th. Should I get the older edition or upgrade and get the revised for 4th, 5th, and 6th ???

I want these books! My local HS store has all the old editions used for about $6-$8 each. In the front of the new editions, he tells what is new in them. What does the website say? I can't remember. Anyway, were it I, I would upgrade. But that is because I like to have the latest edition of everything. (My poor hubby doesn't know it yet, but I will be buying the 3rd edition of TWTM when it is released next year.)

The only thing better than CK is WTM (and I'm not knocking CK in ANY way, but I'm saying how terrific I think CK is!!!).

I do not know how the versions differ, but I'm happy to stick with whatever one I can get my hands on easily.

If you (or anyone else) is looking for any type of lesson plan for CK, you might enjoy this site from the Baltimore Curriculum Project.

Both of my kids will be reviewing a CK book this year in addition to their regular work.

:iagree: This is just what I was gonna say.:tongue_smilie:

The only thing better than CK is WTM (and I'm not knocking CK in ANY way, but I'm saying how terrific I think CK is!!!).

I do not know how the versions differ, but I'm happy to stick with whatever one I can get my hands on easily.

If you (or anyone else) is looking for any type of lesson plan for CK, you might enjoy this site from the Baltimore Curriculum Project.

Both of my kids will be reviewing a CK book this year in addition to their regular work.