Menu

Is this too much work?

Quiver0f10

Could you please tell me if you think this is too much a workload for a 14 year old? He has dyslexia, dysgraphia, processing issues and a lower than average IQ.

Math: TT 7-1 lesson a day.

Science-Apologia General with MP3. He reads/listens to the lesson and follows the schedule in the Apol. Journal. He needs a lot of hand holding with this. He has been writing the answers out in the journal but I am thinking off having him type them instead because of the dysgraphia.

LA: CLE 5-does ok but a lot of careless mistakes

CAP Writing-just starting(2 days week)

LLTL-just starting. (3 days a week)

Baron Reading and Spelling 7-going very, very slow

History-Biblioplan-I read it aloud to everyone and we answer questions orally. Do maps/timelines together.

Reading-He is supposed to read 1 chapter a day of a book of his choice but this hasn't been getting done. I need to do more audio while he reads. We do have a Learning Ally subscription. He just hates to read or listen to books. sigh.

I don't think it's too much at all but I don't know your child and his struggles. I'm curious why you are asking. Does he say it's too much? Does someone else? Does he struggle to complete the work? Does he struggle to master the work?

I'd love to help you brainstorm solutions.

I do feel it's a good fit for him. I just wanted to see if I am on the right rack. Sometimes it's hard to know with these types of learners.