Menu

Anyone with DDs involved with American Heritage Girls?

My girls were involved for 3 or 4 years when we were in NC and I was a co-leader. It's sort of like Girl Scouts with a Christian bent. They earn badges, go camping, do community service, etc. The national group does require some amount of fundraising but our group did the minimum.

Did you have some specific questions?

My girls were involved for 3 or 4 years when we were in NC and I was a co-leader. It's sort of like Girl Scouts with a Christian bent. They earn badges, go camping, do community service, etc. The national group does require some amount of fundraising but our group did the minimum.

Did you have some specific questions?

Not really specific. Just was wondering what exactly they did and if it was sort of like GS, which it sounds like it is. I am not sure if my DD would even be interested, but figured I'd ask.

Not really specific. Just was wondering what exactly they did and if it was sort of like GS, which it sounds like it is. I am not sure if my DD would even be interested, but figured I'd ask.

I will say that I feel AHG has more badges available than GS and the ability for groups to create their own badges.

Hi Jean! No first hand information to share -- only secondhand, LOL.

You may have already seen the AHG website: http://www.ahgonline.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=18722

I'm sure that this goes without saying, but like Girl Scouts, oftentimes the individual groups can vary greatly in what they are like depending upon the leadership. I'd try to ask around about the specific group that is in your area, and then try to visit. Also, at this time of year, they may have an orientation meeting for those who are potentially interested. That might allow you and your dd to visit the group and see if it is for you. :)

AmeliaB in MO

Hi Jean! No first hand information to share -- only secondhand, LOL.

You may have already seen the AHG website: http://www.ahgonline.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=18722

I'm sure that this goes without saying, but like Girl Scouts, oftentimes the individual groups can vary greatly in what they are like depending upon the leadership. I'd try to ask around about the specific group that is in your area, and then try to visit. Also, at this time of year, they may have an orientation meeting for those who are potentially interested. That might allow you and your dd to visit the group and see if it is for you. :)

AmeliaB in MO

Thanks for the info and the link!