Menu

Is HOD's Resurrection to Reformation anti-Catholic?

Hello ladies,

I'm hoping someone out there has an opinion about HOD's Resurrection to Reformation package. We are Catholic and have been using HOD for several years. I really enjoy the content as well as the organization of this curriculum. It's one of my favorites. Currently we are using Creation to Christ. One book was blatantly anti-Catholic, Genesis-Finding Our Roots. Thankfully it was pointed out in the Teacher's Guide so I was able to look at it before we actually used it. After investigating it myself I decided to ditch the entire book.

I would like to use Resurrection to Reformation next year but I'm concerned that it could be anti-Catholic in tone. I am all in favor about teaching my boys about the Reformation, the good, the bad, and the ugly but I want it to be fair. I'm particularly concerned about the books, Peril and Peace - Chronicles of the Ancient Chruch, Monks and Mystics, and Mystery of History, Vol III: The Renaissance, the Reformation, the Growth of Nations. 

Has anyone used this particular package and have an opinion. I am especially interested if you are Catholic. I emailed the owner and he said that they have a great respect for the Catholic Church and some of its doctors, including St. Augustine. But he mentioned that I should look at the books to decide if they are anti-Catholic in nature or not. I may or may not be able to look at each book before making my decision.

Thanks!

Elise in NC