Menu

SOS software -- can someone answer some questions for me?

ereks mom

I recently received a box containing 3 sets of SOS CDs; all are the 2009 version. Each set is in a cardboard "folder"/package containing a Quick Start Guide & 2 discs: 1) an installation disc and 2) a program disc in a paper CD sleeve. The

• installation disc + program disc for English II
  • installation disc + program disc for High School Health
  • installation disc + program disc for Spanish I

I don't know if any of the CDs have ever been used. Both of the serial number stickers inside each folder are still intact. Two of the packages contain a handwritten note with a 16-character registration code.

My questions:

First, am I going to be able to actually use any of these programs??? Can they even be used more than once, or by a different user?

If so, will I need to buy anything else to make them work?

Will I need to use each of the 3 installation discs? Or would I use only one of them to install the basic 2009 program and then install the individual courses from the curriculum discs?

Assuming any one installation disc will work to install the basic program, could I then install other 2009 SOS curriculum discs--for instance if I got, say, a 2009 math curriculum disc?

And finally, I assume that I could not use newer (2010, 2011, etc.) SOS courses with the 2009 basic program, but would I be able to use older (2008, 2007) SOS courses?

Thanks in advance for any help!

First, am I going to be able to actually use any of these programs??? Can they even be used more than once, or by a different user?

If so, will I need to buy anything else to make them work?

Yes, you should be able to use these without purchasing anything else.

Will I need to use each of the 3 installation discs? Or would I use only one of them to install the basic 2009 program and then install the individual courses from the curriculum discs?

You will only need to use one of the installation discs to install the basic program and then install the individual courses.

Assuming any one installation disc will work to install the basic program, could I then install other 2009 SOS curriculum discs--for instance if I got, say, a 2009 math curriculum disc?

Yes

And finally, I assume that I could not use newer (2010, 2011, etc.) SOS courses with the 2009 basic program, but would I be able to use older (2008, 2007) SOS courses?

You may not use newer courses with the 2009 program, but you may use older ones.

There is a yahoo group for SOS users that I found very helpful when I was using SOS.