Menu

homeschooling in utah info request

There is a chance I may be relocating to Utah. My current state (Illinois) has fantastic laws. We must educate our children in English Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Health, and Fitness, with no paperwork, hours reporting, or testing required. What subjects are required in the state of Utah? I know there is an affidavit I must submit and hours requirement (990 I believe?). Please let me know if there are subject requirements.

My son will be Kindergarten age next year. I am interested in first grade requirements too.

Thanks for any info!

Rebecca

Do people (school districts) have the right to request our number of hours of homeschooling, or prove that we have covered certain subjects?

I ask because in Illinois, we don't have to submit anything but the school districts could legal ask us for proof that we've covered the subjects I mention above. Illinois is VERY easy too. Not even an form to sign. However, law enforcement or school districts can legally ask us for proof. I think it's been an issue for a homeschooling family 1 time in the last 10 years but it could happen.