Menu

Bob Jones' United States History (high school)

I am in need of an easy-to-use US history program for my high school student. Has anyone used Bob Jones for United States History at this level? If so, what is your opinion of this program? Do you and your student like the various worksheets activities that accompany the text? Is there good map work? Finally, is the accompanying BJUP DVD lessons helpful and worth the price?

We did BJU DVDs for Am Lit, U.S. History, Chemistry and Geometry a few years back. We *loved* the U.S Hist with Mrs. Vick. There was a lot of text reading, questions, (busywork) etc. But the DVDs were full of short vignettes and video clips. IT was by far our favorite BJU DVD subject. Mrs. Vick is a highly regarded BJU instructor. Of the other three, fyi, the only one we didn't like was Am Lit - not sure if it was the brand new instructor, the books/works/excerpts chosen or the discussion/UNinteractive nature of literature via DVD.

Lisaj, mom to 5 (2 grads - my college freshman daughter just verified that BJU U.S. History was "interesting")