Menu

Classic TOG Year 1

melmac

Besides the S&S board here, Tog forums and Ebay, is there anywhere I can find this for sale? I've been looking and looking and can only find two sets on Ebay, I can't stand bidding and hoping and being outbid and still looking to find it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Besides the S&S board here, Tog forums and Ebay, is there anywhere I can find this for sale? I've been looking and looking and can only find two sets on Ebay, I can't stand bidding and hoping and being outbid and still looking to find it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Have you tried BookMooch and Paper Back Swap? You can't count on books being there, but they do come up and it does cut down your cost.

The other thing I do is buy from one seller on Half. Half gives you a discount on the shipping costs of every book after the first that comes from the same seller. That means a $3.99 shipping cost ends up being $2.59 if you order multiple books. Once you have about 10 books you are purchasing that can really start to make a cost difference. You do have to order ahead though. I find they often won't have a book, and due to various half rules-they only have something like 24 hours to make sure they have all the books, which must not be enough time, so they mark them all there without checking. They can't just say they don't have the book and give you a refund after that initial 24 hours. You have to ask for a refund because you didn't receive the book then they promptly do so. I have only had one seller give me a bad time on a refund, then all they did was ask me to wait another two weeks. At the end of that two weeks, when it didn't show up, they refund the whole order and not just that one book. Point is you have to allow extra time to order the book from another source.

Amazon also has a perpetual buy 4 for the price of 3 sale. I take advantage of that a lot.

Last I use my Barnes & Nobel 20-25% off discount (20 is standard, but they have special 25% off days).

Heather