Menu

Noeo materials question

nellecv

I am interested in the Noeo science curriculum, but it is (far) out of my price range. Is this something I really need the whole package of books and experiment kits for, or could I just buy the curriculum guide, get the books from the library, and buy the necessary experiment supplies as needed? Thoughts?

Biology 1

Yes, you could definitely do what you described to save some money. I would buy the instructor’s guide, review it carefully to decide which books and labs you definitely want to do, and then borrow the desired books from the library or buy them cheaply used. You might find that some books aren’t used more than once or a few times, and you might decide those aren’t worth tracking down for that reason. Also, you may not want to do all the lab kits. Sometimes the learning or enjoyment gained from them isn’t worth the time and effort you put into it. You can buy Young Scientist kits separately from sources like Amazon, and some of those kits are much better than others, so check customer reviews and decide which ones seem worthwhile.