Menu

History, for third and fifth grades

amyrjoy

I know what I'd like to do, what would work for us. So, would this be doable, for our year of Ancients....

Kingfisher Ancient History (for basic outlining info)

Draw Write Now books

The Ancient history books we have on hand, matched up to the Kingfisher book and also Homeschool in the Woods Timeline/characters

A few historical fiction books of related time periods, perhaps an adjoining lit guide as desired

Diana Waring History Alive CDs

Perhaps a book, like Geography of the Holy Land, for some Biblical background, and maps

***I debated getting HOD Creation to Christ, but not sure that would work for both my third grader and fifth grader. I also thought of Beautiful Feet...but again, just not sure. I'd rather try this way, and do my own thing, and then fill in if I find HOD guide inexpensive used to check it out. I really don't want to use SOTW or MOH, though I have both audios. LOL. Don't ask why..just not my style right now. We've used Trail Guide to Learning the past couple years, and I find myself knowing more and more the style of learning we enjoy.