Menu

Getting Motivated- ie, huge age gap, busy toddler, overwhelmed!

Mamas I need help, this year feels like we have gotten nothing done. I know we have, I just don't feel as structured as I should, or as I have before. I have a senior, sophomore 6th grader with ADHD, 1st grader, 16mos old (into everything). My oldest does dual enrollment, and is self motivating, usually.

My 10th grader would be thrilled to never do school again, 6th grader can't focus and we haven't had success with medication.

1st grader WANTS to do school ALL THE TIME. Baby is clingy, or into everything, always moving.

The girls, especially the younger 2, fight a lot and once one is mad we seem to get totally off track.

I am not sure what advice I am looking for, just encouragement I guess. We are in our 5th year of homeschooling and I don't feel very successful right now. Even thought my oldest got into a very tough college, I feel as though I am failing them.

:grouphug: Combining littles and high schoolers certainly adds a level of stress I never expected. A new system I'm working on (2 weeks in) is to have school hours (9-3) and someone assigned to the tots. Between each of us taking 45 minutes with the tots, lunch, and naptime we're able to get a full day of school accomplished and I'm also able to have one-on-one time with the older bunch. Congratulations on your oldest dd getting into college, and a tough one to boot! :hurray:

:grouphug: Schooling with toddlers in the house is always hard. :grouphug:

I don't have dc as old as your oldest, but I used the babysitting method described above when my youngest was younger. My older 4 would each take 45 minutes or 30 minutes each to play with or do learning type activities with her. It worked out well...I don't know how we would have gotten through without doing that. Now she is 4, and even though she does preK with me now and can occupy herself for periods of time, I still have the others play with her or do PreK activities with her for about 1 1/2 hours a day.