Menu

How do I quote a previous post in my post?

Where can I find a guide for posting -- e.g., how do people quote a previous quote in their own post such that the quote appears in a gray shade?

Where do you learn to do all the fancy editing, such as the personal information on the bottom of one's posts and/or next to one's profile/no profile photo?

What does the Quote and MultiQuote do? And how do you do whatever it does? Once I press the button, I am in no-man's land.

I am not technologically savvy, so please feel free to direct me to a WTM Forum for Dummies section. That's where I belong . . . if I can get there.

Help!

I don't know where to send you to find this info because I can't seem to find it on this forum. However, because I'm not new to forums in general, just this one ;), I can give you some pointers. :)

1. You quote by clicking the gray quote button in the lower right corner of someone's post. Click that and their message will pop up in the reply box enclosed in brackets. It will post in gray like you have seen in other posts.

2. The multiQuote allows you to quote more than one person. I haven't done it on this board, but I'm assuming it is the same as others. If you want to multiquote, any post you want to quote, click the multiquote button in the lower right next to the quote button. That button will turn green (I just did it). Do this for every post you want to quote and you will have several green multiquote buttons on varies posts. Also, in the lower right corner you will see a little text box that says "reply to x number of posts". When you have all the ones you want, click that reply button and all the posts you want to quote will pop up in the reply text box. They are all enclosed in brackets with the word quote and a name. Type below that. Hopefully, that makes sense.

3. To put a signature in...wait...let me check because I'm not used to this forum yet....click on your name in the upper right corner. Then, click "my settings." From there, you will see a list on the left. From there, you can edit your profile and other settings. You will see a tab for "signature." That is where you can add the info at the bottom of your post. That stuff is called your "signature" or "siggy" as it is often called.

4. I have not added an avatar (which is the photo in your post), I tend to go avatar-less, but you can add that there too.

5. Even though you didn't ask, I'll tell you how to add smilies. Because I love them. :) At the top of the text box for replies, you will see a bunch of editing buttons/options. In the middle of the top row, there is a smiley. Click on him. It will open a little bar across the bottom with many smilies to choose from. Click the one you want it will insert into your text.

6. One more, to edit your already posted post, click the edit button in the lower right corner of your post....I'm doing it right now! :thumbup1:

Hope that helps!! Feel free to ask more questions and I will do my best to answer them...being new to this forum still, but not new to forums in general. Welcome to the fun!!