Menu

CLE level 900 (Algebra 1) ?

You could skip 800 as others have. However I don't think CLE 700 by itself is a complete Pre-Algebra course when you consider its S&S, nor was it intended as such. For example if Linear Equations and the Pythagorean Theorem are skipped entirely which are normally apart of Pre-A courses, will the child still do fine in Algebra 1?

Before skipping I would encourage you to consider the S&S of CLE 800 first. Examine 'specifically' what is covered in those light units. Then you will be able to best decide which ones you think are ok to skip, or not: http://www.clp.org/d...e_2012-2013.pdf

I am still undecided whether we will continue past 600 with our dds. They really like CLE. Our ds11 is doing an excellent Pre-A program with TabletClass which is very thorough. Although our dds are not as strong in math as him I would not want them to be unprepared for the challenges of Algebra either. So if we stay with CLE for Pre-A we will most likely do selected light units from both 700 & 800.

With regards to the new CLE 'Sunrise' Algebra I have generally heard good things about it. Though it is still known as a 'Preliminary' edition. Their older editions are Alpha Omega and not very well regarded. Although there are discussions about creating new material beyond Algebra there is no estimation as to when yet. I would guess years out still.