Menu

Anyone used The Civil War Trust Curriculum?

cjgrubbs

I have had it bookmarked for a while and my 4th grade son mentioned he would like to learn more about the Civil War. So I went to the site to look it over. The "curriculum" looks like it is really geared for a classroom setting. I'd love to hear from any moms who have used and how? Should we view the power point presentations and then go through the classroom activities as best as we can?

Interestingly, I have two lessons on board for next week. I added some things to our Civil War unit in our curriculum. I'm going to do the 3D photo lesson and either animal mascots or soldiers slang. We are using some literature as well or I'd have added other lessons from this site. I ended up just getting picture books from library too and discussing things that way for my elementary grade kids. The next time we go through this time period I'm definitely looking this site back up and using in middle school.