Menu

New to community

Just signed up for an account so I can make an enquiry to purchase from the classifieds. Says I have to post to contact seller so here is my first post.

I have the WTM book and love it. Have not read it cover to cover. Have seen Jessie and Susan speak at a local homeschooling convention about 3 or 4 years ago (the mother of the boy I was tutoring while she homeschooled asked me to attend with her; I had already read some of their book at that point after finding it in the library by chance). I am more of an afterschooler right now but am planning to homeschool my oldest next school year. I am a certified public school teacher with a master's in reading who is STILL trying to figure out why it's so complicated for the public schools to teach children to read and for the universities to train the teachers how to teach reading. I read a mix of "professional" books on reading and homeschooling and others. Am in the midst of reading Diane McGuinness's Why Our Children Can't Read. I have perused the forums here before; they often come up when I do google searches for topics I am self studying. I do sometimes get confused by the abbreviations used in the forums.

Oooh, I just saw "warning points" over on the side when I posted. That sounds intimidating.

Welcome! If you have any questions about abbreviations, just speak up. Someone will direct you. I still don't know them all myself. :)

And warning points? I'm not sure how one could go about getting some. If you'd like to try to find out, maybe start a political thread and see what happens? :laugh: