Menu

MUS Epsilon: Missed 2 problems....skip lesson practice pages?

journey00

My 7th grader just started MUS Epsilon. She's moving at a good pace. However, I'm not sure how many I should let her miss before letting her move on or skip

lesson practice pages. I have heard repeatedly if student shows mastery to let the student move on.

For example, today she did lesson practice:

4A front & back

4A front & back

She missed two problems only & she went back & corrected them. Should I make her do 4C & 4D?

Is missing two problems showing mastery of the lesson?

Thank you.

*****oops. I meant 4A and 4B. Lol. Ty

My son went all the way from Primer through Zeta. I asked him as I don't recall and he said the first three (A-C) go over the lesson while the last three (D-F) are review. So he would do all of them (A-F) *if* they were tricky or if easlier just two such as 4A & 4B then one of the review like 4D. Then take the chapter test. If less than 90% was achieved on the test he went back and did another section for review to master the topics. We aimed for 90% and above and he maintained that level throughout every section and chapter.

I assume you mean 4A and B? I would at least have her do F and/or the test. There are review problems (as Derek said A-C are new material, D-F and the test have review material). Usually they are easier earlier in the lesson (I.e A is easier then C, D is easier than F). So, if for whatever I think a lesson will be easy for DS (stuff we've already reviewed in a different context), I'll usually have him do C and F to see if he does know if already.

Hope that helps.