Menu

Mystery of History Question

sflood

We are using it as a High School curriculum and both my son and I love it. I actually feel it is better for the jr. high to high school student. My son says it is the only history curriculum that does not put him to sleep and has made sure I will use this through High School. Each week is set up with 3 lessons you read. You then choose the activity you want done. I pick from the middle school and High school choices resulting in research on the computer. These topics to research are the interesting part of MOH, usually some obscure fact or person or event. as well as the normal things studied in history. I make my son write at least one paper a week (3-5 paragraphs)from one of the activities, take notes on another, and just read for the third. He has map work and timeline cards to do. He is always telling me some very interesting things he has learned. This is our 2nd year doing this and his notebook is bursting with papers and notes he has taken. All you need are the MOH volumes, the computer, and atlas, and the library.

We'll be using it for late middle school/high school. I'll be adding to it quite a bit but we're looking forward to it. Both the previous posters inspired me to try it for ourselves and I'll be morphing in Sonlight with it too similar to Merry.