Menu

Visual Link Spanish

thundersweet

I did a search on the boards and see this is very popular. My 11yo has been working with a tutor for several years. We are really bad about getting to Spanish other than the day our tutor comes. I talked with her today about doing an online program in addition to what she is doing now with her and she thought this would be great! I am thinking of 15 minutes a day. I am planning to start both of my older kids in level 1 even though they have been taking Spanish from a tutor.

What is the difference between the online version which requires a monthly payment and the other variations they have? Do most of you just do the download or buy the cd's? I have seen reference to online grading, and I wasn't sure if that was included with all of the versions.

I am really interested in this program. I played around with it today and it was fun!

Sandy

I went ahead with the download. After using the homeschool30 discount code,it brought it down to 60 something. My only issue with downloaded stuff to the computer is you lose all your progress if your computer needs to be wiped clean. I think the web version would take care of that problem, but you pay more for that feature.

We use Visual Link Spanish too. I originally subscribed to the online version but DS complained that it often loaded very slowly. Recently the download version was on sale for a very low price, and since DS likes the program so much (and uses it daily), I went ahead and bought the downloadable version. He is much happier with the speed/performance now. The problem is probably our DSL speed, rather than an issue with the Visual Link service, but just wanted to mention that for others.

Aside from the speed issue, we haven't noticed any differences between using it online vs. download.

For others who may be reading, if you visit the website (link in my sig) and provide an email address, you'll get a newsletter and notice of when their products go on sale, which can save you quite a lot.