Menu

Mathnasium

thundersweet

Has anyone used them? I am looking for a tutor in math for my 11yo. I am considering them since they are less than a 1/2 mile from me. They are expensive though. The least expensive is $259 monthly with a 12 month commitment. It goes up to 279 for 6 month, and even further at 299 for a 3 month commitment. But, our location lets you use it like a gym membership. You can come in everyday for up to 1 1/2 hour max, if you want to. He said some homeschoolers in my area actually just use the mathnasium curriculum and they handle the math. All work is done at the center. Just curious if anyone has used them and what you thought of the curriculum. I am also looking at hiring a tutor to come into my home.

Sandy

• 2 months later...

We signed our algebra 2 student up. It cost us 100 for testing and we chose to try it for one month at 400 per month !!!! We feel it is a rip off right now but my daughter loves it and we have seen improvements in just one week. I also must add that it is not tutoring alone. They actually find all the gaps and week spots rather than just putting a quick fix on on troubled area. Let me know how it goes.

Susan