Menu

Another blissful homeschool moment ...

DS6 is currently reading Streams of Civilization to his younger siblings (or was, before fifteen distractions since I started typing). It's not a school book for this year but he found it on the shelf and has been looking up more info on his current history reading in CHOW and Our Island Story. I have read about how boring this book is even for older children (I haven't read it myself to have an opinion). Obviously I have a dissenter. :p

.. he then went off to study the medieval sections of the reference books I bought for studying ancient Egypt next year ... and now they're playing "droid war" with imaginary light sabers, laser guns, radar and shield generators so obviously I'm not one of those moms who nurtured such a book learner by keeping him from television. :blush:

My primary motivation for homeschooling was to my son's *love* of learning alive, so it warms my heart every time I see him picking up a book like that to read. (Of course, the book is never so irresistible if I assign it!) But these moments are what make me realize that the sacrifice of time and energy is worthwhile. Kudos to you for keeping that love of learning going strong! :)