Menu

Scholarship interview and essay ?

speedmom4

I posted this two days ago and now it's gone! So here I go again!

My daughter has been invited to a Presidential Scholarship Competition for her first choice school. Along with general information about the day the invitation also stated, "Along with your RSVP, please include a typed response to the following statements: 1)Tell us your greatest achievement. 2)Describe your dream profession."

There is no mention about length for these statements. I imagine they should be no longer than one page typed. It seems like they might be something they will talk about with dd during the interview. What do you think? What do you think the length of these statements should be. Dd has had other scholarship essays but they have always stated how long they should be. This one is a bit vague. Should I call the college?

Thanks!

Elise in NC

Hoping this doesn't disappear!!!

Congrats! That's very exciting!

I would suggest that your daughter contact them and ask if there is a suggested word limit. If not, around 500-600 words each would probably be a good ballpark to aim for.

Thank you! This is what I was thinking. I think if they wanted something longer they would have asked for an essay not a statement.

Thank you!

Elise in NC