Menu

persimmon pie recipe, cake, bread, cookies, jam

lea_lpz

I have a ton of persimmons. I'm wondering if anyone has any recipes for persimmon pie, cake, bread, cookies, or jam. I am doing baskets and if anyone has tried persimmon jam, and has an absolutely delicious recipe, please pass it on. Preferably it would be a recipe for a traditional jam you can and not freezer jam. Thanks. :seeya:

I LOVE persimmon pie. I wish I had a recipe to share, but I'm one of those "Pinch of this, dash of that" cooks, google it though and if you can find a church group type cookbook see if there's one in there. I have found that when I need a recipe those have the best available because they're recipes people already make everyday. I would probably make several pies and freeze some.

Also, once the persimmons are reamed you can freeze them like that and they'll last a long time. I don't have access to them very often but occasionally my grandmother gets a couple of bags of frozen reamed persimmons and I can't get them into a pie fast enough!! I would think they would also do well as a sub for pumpkin in pumpkin breads or muffins, they have a similar moisture content and flavor. Good luck!

We looooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee persimmon pudding! Had it for T'giving and are planning a big pan for Christmas, too. If they're American persimmons, here's the recipe we use:

2 c sugar

2 c pulp

2 eggs

2 c flour

2 c buttermilk

1 t soda

1/2 t cinnamon

1 t vanilla

1/2 c butter

Mix all ingredients and pour into greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 45-60 minutes. Test w/knife for doneness.