Menu

Computer savvy moms/dads....

I'm going to try to be brief here.

In a nutshell, we use TabletClass online for Algebra. I am able to access the site, but am not able to open the homework or any of the printables. I've got a new all-in-one, HP with Windows 8. We are also using Webroot for anti-virus. I'm certain there is something that needs to be clicked or unclicked, but unsure what? I called Geek squad and they were no help. (So much for tech support)

Also, I a able to access the printables on our other computers in the house so I can narrow it down to this one computer.

Any ideas on what I can possibly need to disable or enable?

Thanks!

Hi Stephanie,

What browser are you using? I would start with trying another browser first like Chrome or Firefox. This will help to narrow the problem down. Its most likely some browser security settings you have in place which are blocking opening up the links. This could be partially due to your anti-virus running on Win 8 as well.

I have no problems with TabletClass on Win 7. I'll try Win 8 and let you know.

Hi Stephanie,

What browser are you using? I would start with trying another browser first like Chrome or Firefox. This will help to narrow the problem down. Its most likely some browser security settings you have in place which are blocking opening up the links. This could be partially due to your anti-virus running on Win 8 as well.

I have no problems with TabletClass on Win 7. I'll try Win 8 and let you know.

Ahhhhh, I see. So I can install say, Firefox and it doesnt use Windows 8? I know, I'm a total idiot with computers. This is the best advice I've had yet. Thank you yet again, Derek!

Ahhhhh, I see. So I can install say, Firefox and it doesnt use Windows 8? I know, I'm a total idiot with computers. This is the best advice I've had yet. Thank you yet again, Derek!

Hi Stephanie, you're in luck. I just bought my wife a new Windows 8 laptop and testing TabletClass for you. Sure enough it failed as you described in Internet Explorer. Then I tried it in Chrome and it worked fine. So it seems like a bug in IE on Windows 8.

In answer to your other question using a different browser just means you are not using an MS Internet Explorer browser which typically has more bugs. But the other browser still runs on the Windows 8 OS.

Hope this helps some,

Hi Stephanie, you're in luck. I just bought my wife a new Windows 8 laptop and testing TabletClass for you. Sure enough it failed as you described in Internet Explorer. Then I tried it in Chrome and it worked fine. So it seems like a bug in IE on Windows 8.

In answer to your other question using a different browser just means you are not using an MS Internet Explorer browser which typically has more bugs. But the other browser still runs on the Windows 8 OS.

Hope this helps some,

Wow, Derek! Thank you so much. I knew when I came and asked on the forum that I would get the help I needed! You've been my helper this year !