Menu

BF Books Early American History

For a 8/9yr old, what are your opinions on this history course? I am mostly looking for the Biblical aspect of it, how it uses scripture as a mirror for events/people.

I used this a very long time ago, about 16yrs ago and cannot remember anything about it except coloring a Lief The Lucky picture. We have used the History of Science and liked it (plan on using it again) but I cannot remember the Biblical connections in it mostly because my son did it on his own.

Before I reinvent the wheel on my quest to get our school more Bible centered I am looking at several curriculum...SL, BF, HOD, and MFW....I don't want a forced form of scripture in the curriculum but one that has scripture being used as a standard for things being seen in history/science and so on.

I have this guide and although I wasn't able to use it (I couldn't find the books at our library, and couldn't purchase them), I really like the way it incorporates Christian character and Scripture into the lessons. I do believe it is available as a download for around $12 so it might just be worth purchasing it so you can take a really good look at it.

I've been looking again at their older/middle school guides for the same reason as you described. I honestly thought it would be easy to incorporate our faith into our lessons without it actually being included in the text but in reality that just hasn't happened. I know the Truths I want to incorporate but most days I seem to settle for just getting the lessons done.

Hope someone else can add more for you to glean from,

Blessings.