Menu

Anyone participate in an ACT Pilot Study Session?

Ds is going to participate in one tomorrow. The ACT study is working on new/different test questions for all subjects and were looking for 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th graders to try them out. I figured it would give him practice taking this test, give me an idea of his score and his weak areas, and he gets a $25 gift card...they are also feeding him (pizza). Has anyone participated in this type of thing? Pros? Cons?

I wouldn't suggest it for any kid with test anxiety, but for most kids it might be fun. It is always good for homeschoolers to get experience testing in a school setting. I would emphasize to him that these are experimental questions so if they seem confusing or don't make sense he shouldn't worry about it.

I wouldn't suggest it for any kid with test anxiety, but for most kids it might be fun. It is always good for homeschoolers to get experience testing in a school setting. I would emphasize to him that these are experimental questions so if they seem confusing or don't make sense he shouldn't worry about it.

He is not good at test taking and gets frustrated with room noise, this is one of the reasons I want him to go so he can get use to it all without him having to worry about the test actually counting towards anything. Just a try it to see what it will be like. His main concern right now is he won't be able to bring his white board to work on math.