Menu

Critical Thinking Book One

Lydia

Is this book consumable, or just a text? (I am trying to figure out if I would need a copy for each child.) Are there exercises to be assigned in it, or just ones for classroom discussion?

Also, did people like it as a follow-up to Mind Benders but before formal logic?

Thanks!

Lydia

Is this book consumable, or just a text? (I am trying to figure out if I would need a copy for each child.) Are there exercises to be assigned in it, or just ones for classroom discussion?

Also, did people like it as a follow-up to Mind Benders but before formal logic?

Thanks!

Lydia

I have Crtitical Thinking Books 1 and 2 and was just looking through them yesterday. The student book is a text and is not consumable. There are exercises in it, that could either be discussed or written. Also the answer book that goes with it tells how to conduct classroom discussions. I was just wondering yesterday how I would use this series with one child, but I have another year to figure it out.

Also, we are starting MInd Benders this year. I can see how CT would be a good follow up to MB before logic. (I also bought the logic books recommended in WTM, and can see how each series leads into the next - meaning, leads you further into thinking more clearly). But I don't have the experience behind me yet.

We used this as an opportunity for discussion. I really think for my dd, that is the only way it would have worked. I really recommend the teacher's book. We didn't purchase it, and I got to a point where I was stuck.

I think this is what I'm going to do, just plunge in and use it for discussion. I read through part of chapter 1 of book 1 the other day, and I must say, I am really glad I have the TM because I would not have a clue how to conduct a discussion otherwise! I was never directly taught how to think critically. And I'm looking forward to using it, hurt my brain though it does! :lol: