Menu

VT verses CD

I've never seen VT, but chose CD mainly because of Dana Mosely's excellent instruction.

I do like the Aufmann textbook too. There's a section at the beginning of each chapter called Prep test (10 questions) that tests previously covered concepts that are required for the upcoming chapter. This way you'll know if the student needs to review a concept before proceeding..

Each chapter section has several exercises to practice the concept being taught, lots of word problems to choose from, and a critical thinking section.

The end of each chapter has a section called "Focus on Problem Solving" which teaches the students problem solving strategies. Each chapter ends with a summary, chapter review, test and cumulative review.

We went with CD because ds needed more review of basic math. We're staying with it because of Dana Mosley's instructional ability. He explains step-by-step, gives mini-reviews (30-60 sec), and gives advice on how to reduce errors that my ds listens to! Even if I told him the same thing, it's different when it comes from a college professor who's seen these problems with hundreds of students.

Ok, given the response I just recieved on using lard for his 4-H pie crust, the problem is that "MOM" said to do something :( ;) Being a college professor has nothing to do with Mr Mosley's advice being better. :)