Menu

Mindstorms help

southernm

We are thinking about getting ds7 mindstorms for Christmas. I don't know if he is ready or not. He can program using scratch and put together Lego sets correctly. He played with some that were already built at legofest and had fun trying to battle the other robots. What am I missing? I know very little about them, or what he needs to be able to do! He is in a robotics hs class but that's just programming "roamer" with the push of a button.

It will be fine. The programming is drag and drop. I would have given it to ds earlier if I had known this. The hardest part of Mindstorms is actually the fine-motor issues of building the robots. This book is really helpful as well, so I'd put that under the tree too if it fits in the budget. It contains something like 8 robot designs and a bunch of programming information. :)

It will be fine. The programming is drag and drop. I would have given it to ds earlier if I had known this. The hardest part of Mindstorms is actually the fine-motor issues of building the robots. This book is really helpful as well, so I'd put that under the tree too if it fits in the budget. It contains something like 8 robot designs and a bunch of programming information. :)

Thanks!