Menu

Need a song for a mixed group to sing for birthday/anniversary

JeanM

We're planning a big party for my dad's birthday and my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. My sister is trying to plan a song for our families to sing at a big party. We'll have something like three adult males (one doesn't really sing), two adult females, and five kids ages 10-13. We probably won't have access to a piano, unfortunately, so unless we can figure out recorded accompaniment (unlikely), this will be unaccompanied. Any song suggestions?

My sister has come up with "Jamaica Farewell" and "Three Coins in a Fountain" because she thinks my father likes them, but I'm hoping for something more celebratory.

You could find a familiar tune that everyone knows (even like Yankee Doodle) and change the words to reflect your folks' life.

A friend gave new (hilarious) lyrics to the song "I am a Man of Constant Sorrow", and she & her sister serenaded their 2 husbands who have birthdays the same week.