Menu

Where to place for SL Science - B or C?

frugalmama

I'm not sure which core to pick for my daughter for science. She is newly 6 and in 2nd grade, but very very strong in science. Her favorite books are Magic School Bus and she can explain all of them, so finding a science program has been difficult. We're doing Core B for the regular IG with 3rd grade readers {and loving it!}. We've been using Behold & See from Catholic Heritage Curricula, but I want to go to using both that and Sonlight science as Behold & See isn't quite meaty enough for us and we finish it too quickly. But I'm not sure if I should put her in Core B or Core C for science. I don't mind a little repetition of subjects, but I don't want to spend an entire year covering things she already knows, kwim?

She has already studied last year in Behold & See 1: Topics in Biology, earth science, weather, the senses and the scientific method. Her Behold & See 2 book that we're planning on using Sonlight with this year covers: Simple machines, work and energy, the water cycle, geology, natural resources and marine life.

Where would you place her?