Menu

Il Etait Une Petite Grenouille - questions

Tawlas

I posted this on the K-8 board with no responses, so thought I'd try here. After quite a bit of looking around and forum searches, I think this is what I want to start with my ds in K. I speak, read and write french fluently so you'd think I'd be able to pass some of this on to my dc without a program, but it's just not happening. Il etait une Petite Grenouille seems to fit our needs very well.

I have a few questions about this program though. Where have you bought this program? The only place I've found in North America (besides Amazon.com, .ca where they are mostly out of stock and/or overpriced) is continentalbooks.com. Is there anywhere else I should look?

Secondly, the total, with shipping (I'm in Canada) is $150. The shipping was about $15. This is for the text, workbook, activity book, reading booklet and teacher's guide. Does that seem right? I'm thinking of just going with spoken french at this stage in the game, but ds is really gung-ho about all things fine motor so some writing, colouring or what have you is not out of the question. Do you think I should buy all the books?

I'm not sure what this program is, but because you mentioned it, I wanted to check it out. The Chapters website has it, not sure how the prices compare to elsewhere.

Wow! Thanks so much! The total comes to less than $100 and shipping is free with a $25 dollar order. PLUS I found out that the CD isn't included. Chapter's only has the second level, not the first, (of course :001_rolleyes:) but I can always get just that through Continental if I have to. I didn't even think to look there as they never seem to have what I want. Thanks again!

thanks! Will check this out as well . . . although the cost of the CD in this series is making me think twice. It's about $50. It seems a little over the top for a K-level program.

Has anyone tried Avant Gaston, or Gaston? The price for the entire thing is $50 and I can get all the components at Book Depository. . .