Menu

Need advise on writing help for my soon to be 6th grader

Guest Olallamommy

Guest Olallamommy

Hello, I'm looking for advised on supplemental writing education for my son to start now. He is going to into 6th grade but is a unconfident writer. We attend public school, so I looking to help build his skills before summer is over and into the school year.

Thank you

Writing with Skill?

It might be more of a commitment than you are looking for, but it is a wonderful writing curriculum for boys that age. My son says it was one of the best things he ever did.

It is written to the student, self contained and there is an instructor's book with very helpful information for you. You need both books.

Guest Olallamommy

Thank you for info, where can you purchase. What about other programs I see talked about on here. Www, iew, wwe what are these ?

I just reviewed a program with my rising 6th grader for the Homeschool Crew that turned out to be excellent. The site is http://www.createbetterwriters.com and How to Write a Paragraph and the Homeschool Writing Action Plan were great!

My daughter really liked it because it has the same layout "trick" every time to make a good paragraph, then it delves into how to make them more interesting, eye-catching, etc. I think it's about $15.