Menu

xpost: 2 Unrelated questions about BP Yr 2 and HOD Bible

I highlighted my questions in purple to make skimming easier, in hope for a response.

Does BP Yr 2 collate Bible readings with history, or is it beyond Bible times chronologically by then? I already own SOTW 2, various encyclopedias & time line reference books rec'd in WTM logic stage, the History Lives Chronicles series (Peril & Peace, Monks & Mystics...), Trial & Triumph, VP cards, K12 HO, and Streams of Civilization (but only vol. 1 - haven't looked to see if that goes into Middle Ages). Obviously I wouldn't use all of these things at once; I'd have to choose. I could use the free schedules available which coordinate many of these. I want simple, streamlined, enjoyable, & effective. I like Biblical/Christian/Church history woven into regular history where the events intersect. Based on that do you think BP - the core program consisting of the schedule & companion text - would be worth it for me? Why or why not?

Also, if you've used Heart of Dakota, do you think their Bible & Devotions portions can be separated out and used alone or are those pieces too intertwined with other subjects? Would I be taking away from their Bible/Devotions lessons by doing this? I just *really* like them and would do this if I found a cheap, used guide.

TIA!

I highlighted my questions in purple to make skimming easier, in hope for a response.

Also, if you've used Heart of Dakota, do you think their Bible & Devotions portions can be separated out and used alone or are those pieces too intertwined with other subjects? Would I be taking away from their Bible/Devotions lessons by doing this? I just *really* like them and would do this if I found a cheap, used guide.

TIA!

I think it would depend on what guides and resources you are considering. The materials are intertwined with the other subjects but they stand up on their own too, so it really just depends on what you have in mind. I've used several HOD guides and would be glad to help if I can. What in particular are you considering?

I think it would depend on what guides and resources you are considering. The materials are intertwined with the other subjects but they stand up on their own too, so it really just depends on what you have in mind. I've used several HOD guides and would be glad to help if I can. What in particular are you considering?

Since I was considering using only the Bible & devotions portions, I was just going to place them according to age/grade - so for a 9 & 11 yr old, Preparing or CTC. I see that Preparing is semi-independent and only has 1 box for Bible while CTC has the Bible quiet time and also Bible Study. I just looked at the HOD site, and I think it must have been the CTC samples I viewed when I decided I liked it. The few Bible curricula I've had don't include such clear, direct instructions for prayer. That's the part I really like, esp. for my 9yo.