Menu

World History for 2012-2013 - Please share favorite "extras" ...

tjlcc

As stated in the title, we are planning to do a World History overview for 2012-2013. This may extend into the following year if we get sidetracked with library books we can't resist or other activities. We'll use HOD's Preparing Hearts spines (CHOW, Grandpa's Box), as well as adding in:

Journey Through the Bible

Little History of the World (audiobook)

Window on the World

Big Book of History

I've been eyeing the many "extras" we could add in for my hands-on crew, but there are so many overwhelming choices. Here are a few on my wishlist.

Diggin' Up Dinosaurs Kit

Ancient Times Paper Figures

Pyramid Model

Haba Kits

Solomon's Temple Model

Dover History Coloring Books

Usborne Viking Settlement Model

Colonial America Models

Any must-buys I should not miss out on? I'm not purchasing all of these, but would like to buy a few and see how they are received. I really want to incorporate my 4 year old in this as well.

We recently did a lapbook on dinosaurs and everyone was very enthusiastic. Any faves in that regard?

One more thing ... If you've used two or more of these history resources and made up a schedule or "flow chart" I would love to see it. I know I just need to sit down with each resource and have a look-see, but if you've already done it ...

Thanks!