Menu

Elective for 7th Grader

Okay, this may be silly, but I am thinking of having my son's summer dog sitting/walking business be an elective. He has had to make a flyer and distribute them in the neighborhood, he has to manage a calendar and calculate his earnings, he has to balance his time, etc. to do this all.

My plan is to have him write a summary of what he learned this summer from the business.

Is that a stretch?

Thanks.

Deb

In that case I would do it. It seems fine for jr. high and it would be especially good for you. You can practice how you would like to pull things together, prepare descriptions, assign credit, etc. if you plan on adding some out-of-the-box electives to his high school transcript. You will probably try a few different ways and finally settle on a system you are comfortable with and can utilize again for some of his high school credits. I've found it very useful using the jr. high years to experiment with how we want things to go in high school.

In that case I would do it. It seems fine for jr. high and it would be especially good for you. You can practice how you would like to pull things together, prepare descriptions, assign credit, etc. if you plan on adding some out-of-the-box electives to his high school transcript. You will probably try a few different ways and finally settle on a system you are comfortable with and can utilize again for some of his high school credits. I've found it very useful using the jr. high years to experiment with how we want things to go in high school.

Thanks. I keep thinking JR High is a dry run on my recording! I want to have it down pat by High School.