Menu

Looking for 2 girl scouts - bridging

DD is bridging to Brownies at the end of this summer, and since we are Juliette Girl Scouts {scout not part of a troop}, I'm hoping someone here can help us out.

DD needs to "Inspire younger girls by sharing what it's like to be a Daisy." and "Find out What Girl Scout Brownies Do" to earn her bridging to Brownies award. Does anyone have a GS Brownie {maybe one that is bridging to Juniors - this counts for their bridging award too} and an incoming GS Daisy? I'd ideally like it to be another Juliette, but any GS will work.

Or if anyone has ideas for how to do this I'd be very grateful.

If you can't find anyone, you might try what I'm doing w/my Daisies. For all intents and purposes, there is no Brownie troop in our area, so I am fudging the details a bit. In order to earn the bridging award, the girls had to:

earn their first Try-It

learn the Brownie Smile song

write down what they liked best about being a Daisy (I will put these on a poster board to show the incoming Daisies/families at our first meeting this Fall)

Good luck!

If you can't find anyone, you might try what I'm doing w/my Daisies. For all intents and purposes, there is no Brownie troop in our area, so I am fudging the details a bit. In order to earn the bridging award, the girls had to:

earn their first Try-It

learn the Brownie Smile song

write down what they liked best about being a Daisy (I will put these on a poster board to show the incoming Daisies/families at our first meeting this Fall)

Good luck!

That sounds like it just might work for us! Thank you thank you thank you!

I toyed with the idea of having her make a youtube video about being a Daisy, but she vetoed that idea as she is quite shy.

We're Austin so we're a different council, but our guidelines and council said to pick 2 out of 3 (or something like that) out of the list. I think the three were talking to Daisies, finding out what Brownies do, and working with Brownies to earn a Try-It. To learn about what Brownies do, we looked through the Brownie Try-It book and a Journey book. Then we attended a council-wide event with Brownies where we got to work on a craft together and earn a patch.

So I'd do a Brownie Try-It and look through the Brownie books and call it good.