Menu

Utah moms!!!!!

1 week until UHEA conference. Who's excited?!?!?! :seeya: I am!!!!

DH has Friday off and will be spending (hopefully) quality time with the little turtles. I will have 1 1/2 days all to myself :party: If anyone wants to meet up, let me know. Curriculum fair is free, so if you aren't going to the actual conference, we can meet in there.

I've never been either. I'm mostly excited about the 1 1/2 day vacation I get :D I told DH that I expect Pigby's schooling to be done, the house to be perfectly clean, and healthy meals made and he can't just stick them in front of the TV or smart phone all day. :lol:

http://uhea.org/exhibitor-list.html Here's the list of exhibitors in the curriculum fair. I only plan on buying MUS so I don't have to pay shipping on it in six months.

http://uhea.org/workshops.html Here's the list of workshops. There's a few that look really interesting to me and a few that look kinda interesting and I'll go to those if I have nothing else to do.

I wanted to go, but with dh still out of town I really can't get away for that long. :(

I thought you lived on the east coast.

*Crosses fingers that your DH magically shows up so you can come, even if only for half an hour*

Edited by meggie

I don't know if I can swing the $ even though I love the speaker, but I might come to the curriculum fair....

That would be nice, let me know if you do think you can make it for a little bit. We could even do lunch! :D

And don't forget about the WHEN curriculum sale today and tomorrow!

Oh geez, I'll have to look that up. I check these things so infrequently, I always miss stuff.

Oh btw, I tried emailing the person who does the science classes and never got a response. Do you know if they're doing any in the summer or just in the fall and when registration is? PM me if you need to. Thank you. Phew, I'm so glad I have you around to keep me in the know. I never know what's going on.

And don't forget about the WHEN curriculum sale today and tomorrow!

I've never gotten hooked up with WHEN. The times I've gone to their web site it has looked like they need parents to be able to commit to helping out with teaching classes and things, and with ds's "issues" that's just not been realistic for me. Is the curriculum sale open to nonmembers?

I thought you lived on the east coast.

We lived in Georgia before we moved to Utah, but that was before the kids were school age. Dh is on the east coast now, though. Originally I'm from Montana/Wyoming. (We lived in Wyoming, in a Yellowstone Park employee housing area, but we were bused to a Montana high school and did all our shopping in Montana because civilization was closer driving in that direction than the other.)

*Crosses fingers that your DH magically shows up so you can come, even if only for half an hour*

That would be so nice. It's not going to happen though. :( He and his brother are still wading through estate paperwork so they can get to the point where they can legally start selling off household items, and eventually the house. He'll probably be out there another month or so.

This is really bad, but I keep telling myself that he only ever had two parents, so there's no possible way we'll ever have to get through another year in which we lose both of them ever again. I am so tired of this.

I would love to find a day we could all meet up for lunch sometime or something, though. It would be so fun to get to see everyone in person.

Edited by MamaSheep

We lived in Georgia before we moved to Utah, but that was before the kids were school age. Dh is on the east coast now, though. Originally I'm from Montana/Wyoming. (We lived in Wyoming, in a Yellowstone Park employee housing area, but we were bused to a Montana high school and did all our shopping in Montana because civilization was closer driving in that direction than the other.)

That would be so nice. It's not going to happen though. :( He and his brother are still wading through estate paperwork so they can get to the point where they can legally start selling off household items, and eventually the house. He'll probably be out there another month or so.

This is really bad, but I keep telling myself that he only ever had two parents, so there's no possible way we'll ever have to get through another year in which we lose both of them ever again. I am so tired of this.

I would love to find a day we could all meet up for lunch sometime or something, though. It would be so fun to get to see everyone in person.

Oh my heck, I am such a goofeth. I totally thought you were still in Georgia. Wow, not sure what I was smoking.

But :grouphug: on your DH being gone so long. I hope they can get it all worked out. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Oh my heck, I am such a goofeth. I totally thought you were still in Georgia. Wow, not sure what I was smoking.

But :grouphug: on your DH being gone so long. I hope they can get it all worked out. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

No problem. And thanks. I'm sure it'll all work out fine...eventually. :)

That would be nice, let me know if you do think you can make it for a little bit. We could even do lunch! :D

Oh geez, I'll have to look that up. I check these things so infrequently, I always miss stuff.

Oh btw, I tried emailing the person who does the science classes and never got a response. Do you know if they're doing any in the summer or just in the fall and when registration is? PM me if you need to. Thank you. Phew, I'm so glad I have you around to keep me in the know. I never know what's going on.

Is it the Outdoor Explore class (South SLC area) or a different one? I can PM you the contact info for Outdoor Explore. We are excited for the Venus Transit party!

Is it the Outdoor Explore class (South SLC area) or a different one? I can PM you the contact info for Outdoor Explore. We are excited for the Venus Transit party!

I think it's a different one. Although you can definitely send me the info for the one you're going to. What's a Venus Transit Party?

Oooh, lunch! :D

There will be two summer "day camps" and then it will start again in the fall. When I hear details I will let you know!!

I've never gotten hooked up with WHEN. The times I've gone to their web site it has looked like they need parents to be able to commit to helping out with teaching classes and things, and with ds's "issues" that's just not been realistic for me. Is the curriculum sale open to nonmembers?

Psh. Volunteering. :p I've never been asked to teach anything. I've sold stuff through there & just keep an eye out for the classes. Anyone can come to the curriculum sale. I decided I don't need to blow money I don't have so I'm skipping it this year. :tongue_smilie:

Oooh, lunch! :D

There will be two summer "day camps" and then it will start again in the fall. When I hear details I will let you know!!

Psh. I've never been asked to teach anything. I've sold stuff through there & just keep an eye out for the classes. Anyone can come to the curriculum sale. I decided I don't need to blow money I don't have so I'm skipping it this year. :tongue_smilie:

Day camps?! Day camps would be fun. He has been absolutely heartbroken about Liberty, I'm trying to find other things that will work.

Do they have a co-op, is that what teaching things are for? Because I would so totally love a co-op. I know not everyone likes them, but I really want one so Pigby can have some social time.

Day camps?! Day camps would be fun. He has been absolutely heartbroken about Liberty, I'm trying to find other things that will work.

Do they have a co-op, is that what teaching things are for? Because I would so totally love a co-op. I know not everyone likes them, but I really want one so Pigby can have some social time.

I haven't seen a co-op, but I'm not interested in one so maybe I missed it. We do still have in-home playgroups if you want me to PM you where/when.

On Tuesday at the Natural History Museum they are having a big party, hands on telescope demos and telescopes with sun lenses to see Venus "eclipse" the sun. Its a once in a lifetime event. Here is a link http://www.nhmu.utah.edu/tov-2012

Outdoor Explore is field trips every two weeks. We get lessons to do at home and then participate in a hands on day activity. Every two weeks focuses on a different area of science. I'll PM ths contact info.

Do you have to pay regular admission to get into the Venus party?

Yes, its regular price. We are getting a group rate as part of the program we're in for $1 off, so not much. If you have eclipse glasses, you shoud be able to see it anywhere. The special events are right up my kids valley. They love science so I try to expose them to a wide variety of subjects.

We went to Thanksgiving Point gardens for some nature drawing and there was a wild bunny by the waterfalls! My kids were thrilled!

I don't think I'll go to the conference this yr. It seems geared to starting up or high school. I would love to see Teaching Textbooks in person. I have Math-U-See Beta in perfect condition. Its the comb binding from 2 yrs ago. I've thought of selling it, but haven't been bothered yet.