Menu

HWOT User. Help.

I bought the Pre-K teacher's manual used and used the pattern in the back and foamie paper from JoAnn's to make the the wooden letter pieces. A good friend got alot of use out of the stamp and see screen and the little chalk board.

There seem to be ALOT more products to choose from than when I started with ds a couple years ago. I can see where your confusion is coming from! Hope this helped. :)

You'll need the teacher's book and the student book. The program has also expanded from when I used it.

The chalkboard they sell is a little more durable than ones you can get at a craft store, but sometimes you can find one at a craft store for a dollar, which can make it worth the savings -- make sure that it's 4 by 6 inches or 3 by 5 inches -- no smaller or larger, and that it is REAL SLATE, NOT PLASTIC -- the dollar store sells plastic ones, but they won't work for the methods the program is going to teach.

I agree that you can easily use foam board to cut out letter pieces -- I even used cereal boxes for one set -- they worked for many activities, but lacked the thickness that was desirable for others.

We used a little dollar store magnetic erase board with my youngest for some of those activities, since she was the last child and I didn't want to invest in more equipment at that point (in the middle of a move when I needed to keep stuff down to a minimum).

Little golf pencils like they use at putt-putt or IKEA can be useful, too -- you don't need a whole case or anything, but while you can break crayons and chalk down into the 1-2" pieces to work on grip, it's more difficult to adjust pencils so easily.