Menu

Animal Science suggestions?

My son has requested that we study animals for science next year. He will be in 1st grade, but 7 years old and has a large knowledge base of animals already. I like the look of WP Animals, with the books & notebooking - but I just want a science curriculum, & it covers many subjects.

Suggestions?

Elemental science and Real Science odyssey. ES is mostly read about different animals and narrate with an experiment weekly. RSO is mostly interesting experiments and will teach the classification system of the animals. Put the two together and you have a science curriculum that is out of this world. Both are easy to use and the experiments use household items. You can take each weeks work in ES and match the work with RSO pages then add as much or as little as you want, but just doing the basic from these two will give you enough for science. Each day doing the basic is about 5-15 mins work.

I have tried many science programs over the years and these two combined make an easy to use and full science curriculum.