Menu

Abeka 2nd grade reading?

I am currently finishing up first grade and will be doing second. I am also doing fourth grade, and in 4th they're still doing readers and there are are comprehension with every reading lesson. Questions are in the TM. In the first grade readers there was just one reader that had the questions in the reader, the rest were in the TM. In the past, I had ordered Abeka workbooks without the TM. I ended up returning them, then this last year, I went all in, and bought the whole Language Arts kit. I personally find a lot of value with the TM, but I had a struggling reader (could do only short vowel words at 8), so I wanted to try everything by the book. I don't use their handwriting as part of LA, but I do all the workbooks, tests, and charts. My dd has come a long way since the beginning of the year and is now reading. All that said, to get the most out of the curriculum, I would use th TM :).