Menu

Retrain The Brain ~ Has anyone tried this?

I looked at that program when I was exploring handwriting programs. I didn't get enough of my questions answered on that program so I'm also interested in reading if anyone here has used it.

I settled on doing Callirobics instead, http://callirobics.com/about.html The sample exercises and the programs looked similar, but Callirobics was less expensive.

Edit: if you decide to buy the "Retrain the Brain" program, I'd love to read what you think of the exercises and how you like the music. Please share! :)

Edited by merry gardens

I used the program with our adopted daughter who has sensory issues alonhg with ADHD. It did not help her at all. We finally began occupational therapy sessions with her. The OT started her on Handwriting Without Tears. That program made a world of difference. Until that point, dd's handwriting was illegible. JMHO, but I would not bother to use Retrain the Brain with another child. For us, it was a waste of money and time. The program is now just sitting on my shelf.

I don't know anything about retrain the brain but I am getting ready to start more handwriting therapy with my ds again. Last winter we did Callirobics and I liked it. I just haven't figured out if the Brain Integration Therapy (Dianne Craft) did more for him -- the writing 8. Or if the callirobics did more.

Our OT provided all the Callirobics materials so it was a no brainer for us to choose but now I need to purchase materials and I am not sure what to do.