Menu

Tell me to stop worrying about PS!

NotSoObvious

I keep asking my social twin how she is feeling about school next year. Earlier this year she had mentioned wanting to go to school next year (5th grade) but lately she's changed her mind.

Some days I want her to go to school, other days I don't. She'd do just fine at school, and we even have a very good, close private school option, BUT selfishly, I don't want to be a slave to a school calendar and I don't want my other twin to be left without her playmate. I also know that she is getting a FAR better education at home. Yes, she would learn at school and be just fine, but she is definitely learning more at home. We have lots of activities, groups, and trips as well.

So, if my dd is not stressing about it and is perfectly happy being homeschooled next year, WHY am I still stressing over it?!! I think I secretly miss the community and the pomp and circumstance of school. I'm going to start a book club next year, so maybe I could focus on a few of those types of activities and create/participate in some community building things ourselves.

Slap some sense into me!