Menu

Please choose algebra w/ dvds for me - Chalkdust or Saxon

I have the Chalkdust (cheap) combined set with Dana Mosely dvd's. I'm also considering Saxon with Dive dvds. I would add a year of geometry.

We need:

*dvd

*continual review or incremental - is Chalkdust mastery with a little review?

*some conceptual

*good prep for SAT

*good prep for pre science or engineering

*I REALLY NEED A SCHEDULE!!!!!!!

My children's basic math skills are excellent. 99% on standardized tests. They have a lot of basics nailed down thanks to CLE continual review. Yet, on something like Math Olympiad - they struggle bc they don't think that conceptually. But, we have to have a schedule and daily review or it just won't work around my house...

I am partial to Chalkdust because that is what we will be using so that is my vote. Not sure about the schedule part. You might also want to look at Derek Owens because you could have something more scheduled that way since he has online classes and homework. I know nothing about what Saxon offers.

From what I have seen of the books that Chalkdust uses (I have not seen the Larson book in person) it seems like each chapter focuses on mastery and then there is review at the end of each chapter. Not sure if there would be enough review for what you are looking for.

If it were me I would save money and use what I have or at least give it a try before putting down more money for something else.