Menu

CLE7 to Algebra 1?

Has anyone went from CLE 7 to Algebra 1, and how was the transition?

My dd14 is using 7 this year, and won't finish until mid summer. She will be in 9th grade in the fall, and I feel she really needs to start Algebra. She is getting the math, but not flying through it--she often makes careless mistakes. I have been planning to use Lials Algebra. I have Lial's pre-algebra here, and it doesn't look like there is much in there she will not have covered in CLE 7.

Thanks,

Ginger

Has anyone went from CLE 7 to Algebra 1, and how was the transition?

My dd14 is using 7 this year, and won't finish until mid summer. She will be in 9th grade in the fall, and I feel she really needs to start Algebra. She is getting the math, but not flying through it--she often makes careless mistakes. I have been planning to use Lials Algebra. I have Lial's pre-algebra here, and it doesn't look like there is much in there she will not have covered in CLE 7.

Thanks,

Ginger

My daughter went from CLE 7 to Foerster's Algebra with absolutely no problem. She did CLE at a fast pace, because there was too much review for her. I had her do 2 lessons a day, but she only did the review from one of those lessons.

My ds is finishing CLE 7 this week, and starts Saxon Algebra after that. After swearing for years I'd never choose Saxon (and with my dd, I wouldn't), I think it'll be a good follow-up for my son. His favorite thing about CLE is the constant review. :tongue_smilie: I'm really hoping Saxon will lead him incrementally through Algebra, at a pace he can handle.